Like other extracurricular activities, skating allows athletes to explore their boundaries and test their limits. Learn to Skate USA isn’t just for those who have aspirations of being competitive skaters. Rather, the program is for everyone who wants to benefit from the physical, social and mental benefits of skating. The Learn to Skate USA program provides extensive communication resources for skaters, parents, staff and facilities to support our mission. Learn to Skate USA offers skaters a safe, rewarding experience that they will enjoy on the ice and beyond.
All skaters MUST register as a member with Learn to Skate USA prior to registering with our Learn to Skate program. An annual membership is due upon beginning Learn to Skate and is renewed annually. The membership cost is $16. The link to Learn to Skate USA is listed below. You will need your LTS USA membership number when registering for the program.
Benefits Of Joining LTS USA
• Instruction from background screened and certified instructors
• Instruction that follows a standardized curriculum founded in solid and fun skill progression
• A welcome packet that includes Learn to Skate USA The Magazine, a Parent Handbook and Record Book to keep track of your progress in class
• Access to full listing of skating programs in your area
• Access to online educational material for skaters and parents
• Secondary sports accident insurance
• Email communications with upcoming events and educational information
• The opportunity to participate in classes, performances, competitions and all Learn to Skate USA activities
The foundation of Learn to Skate USA powered by Toyota is
based in fun, safe and solid skill progression that provides all skaters the necessary tools to reach any goal they may set.
Our coaches and some of our skaters from previous sessions.
Meet Our Skating Director:
Brigitta Francoeur -
Brigitta has been a part of the skating world since 1980 as a competitor, professional preformer and a coach with the Westminster FSC. She is also the Safesport Coordinator for Cathedral Prep Hockey and a member of the National Ski Patrol as well as a Certified Outdoor Emergency Care Technician. She also was the Director of Figure Skating at Penn State Behrend for 13 years. Brigitta is part of a vast network of accomplished skating professionals throughout the US and Canada. She has been a member of the USFS since 1980 and member of the PSA since 1994. She was a featured professional skater with the Ice Capades for over 6 years, performed with Nutcracker on Ice and performed in other international productions. As an amateur skater, she trained in Colorado Springs with renowned coaches Carlo Fassi, Jack Raffloer and Janet Champion. Brigitta began establishing her coaching career in 1994, proudly and systematically developing her students abilities from Learn to Skate level skaters to Regional Competitors, Gold level medalists, performers and onto coaches themselves.
Areas of private lessons: Freestyle, Moves in the Field, Choreography and Basic Skills, Power Skating for Hockey
Coaching Fee: $12.50/15 minutes
Phone: (cell) 814-860-1871 (email)